Health and Safety Consulting
UK Companies regardless of size have a legal requirement under Health & Safety legislation to do the following:
- Ensure that their activities do not place their employees, customers, suppliers, contractors or members of the public under risk of injury or harm.
- Have a duty of care to employees.
- Carry out risk assessment - which means identifying hazards, those affected, judging the severity of harm, likelihood of injury and taking steps to reduce the risk to a practical minimum
- Display an HSE Health & Safety Poster in the workplace
- Appoint a competent person to advise on safety
- Have a written policy, statement and written arrangements (note some micro businesses are exempt)
- Have employees trained in relevant skills and awareness - eg First Aid, Manual Handling, Fire Evacuation, Forklift driving, working safely at heights.
- Report accidents resulting in injury to the authorities
- Monitor noise, temperature and air quality in the workplace
- Be aware of and take action to protect against asbestos
Compile Consulting can help you to comply with these requirements by a combination of training your existing responsible persons, recruiting a qualified health and safety manager for your organisation. We can provide a local competent health and safety consultant to assist either on a day or hourly rate for such events such as :
- Accident Investigation
- Writing of Health & Safety Policy
- Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Tender assistance/PQQ
- CHAS Certification Assistance
- CDM Work
- Named Competent Person
Please contact us on 0845 467 6638 for a free consultant visit.